The GATE 2020 application form has already been released in the official website gate.iitd.ac.in from the 3rd of September 2019. The exam is going to be held in the month of February 2020 and therefore it is the right time to start your preparations for those who are interested in attending the GATE 2020 exam. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is one of the most coveted examinations for the Engineering aspirants.
This article is based on helping the students to fill up the GATE 2020 application form, Exam Pattern, Best GATE books they can get their hands on and about the important GATE preparation tips which would be very important for their success in this exam in the subject of Instrumentation Engineering (Subcode -IN). If anyone of you candidates thinks that there is enough time for the exam since it’s on February 2020, then please erase that notion from your mind. GATE 2020 is one of the toughest competitive examinations for studying post-graduation in one of the most prestigious technical institutes of the country. This makes the syllabus broad and the difficulty level high so that only the most prepared and brilliant minds could get access to these great institutes. It is very short time, in my opinion, to prepare you for the huge syllabus one has to cover to excel in this examination. Therefore this article would help you to start your preparation from today.
GATE 2020 Application Process
The application form is available in the official website gate.iitd.ac.in from the 3rd of September 2019. The closing date of the application process, as well as submission of application fee, will be probably the last week of September 2019 or the first week of October 2019. The last date for change of examination city would be 15th of November 2019 approximately.
Before filling up the application form it is essential to check the eligibility as it requires a lot of information to be put up in the application process. The students are given options for choosing 1 among a total of 25 varying papers or subjects provided by the technical institutes under GATE 2020. For this article all the students must be choosing the subject of Instrumentation Engineering (with subject code –IN).
There are certain eligibility criteria for attending the examination which has to be passed by every candidate before filling application form. It is very important to check the criteria, or your application form can be canceled before submission or sometimes even after submissions before the release of admit cards. The conducting body of the examination which is IIT, Delhi for the GATE 2020 exam is very strict about the eligibility norms. Some of the eligibility norms to be checked before application process are given below:
- Age limit – there has been no age limit set for the exam, one can apply as many times as they want for the exam. Although some institutes have their own rules and regulations regarding age which has to be checked during counseling or admission.
- Graduation degrees allowed – all graduation degrees of BS, B.Sc., BE, B.Tech, Integrated M.Sc/BS-MS are allowed only when they are in their final year of a degree or completed their degree. Integrated ME/M.Tech after completion of B.Sc. can apply for GATE 2020 in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and also after completion of their degree. The students who have not completed B.Sc. but are in their final year or completed their course of Integrated ME/M.Tech can apply for GATE 2020 application form.
The application pay which has to be paid by the candidates is different for different categories which are given as below:
|Application Fees (in INR)
|General and other candidates
GATE Preparation tips 2020
- The most important among the GATE preparation tips is to know the syllabus of Instrumentation Engineering and read-only those parts and disregard the unimportant parts.
- The next important tip is to collect the best GATE books available on Instrumentation Engineering mentioned below in this article.
- Make an important time table for the study of each and every topic.
- Practice papers and Mock test are a very important part of preparations tips as they act as a metric of your preparation.
- Revision of the topics that you are studying is absolutely essential or one might forget everything they have studied by the time of the examination in February 2020.
Best GATE books 2020 for Instrumentation Engineering
|Book and Name of Author
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics – Erwin Kreyszig
Higher Engineering Mathematics – Bandaru Ramana
|Circuits and Measurement Systems
|Network Analysis – M.E. Van Valkenburg
A course in Electricals and Electronics Measurements and Instrumentation – J.B. Gupta
|Mechanical Measurement, Transducers, and Industrial Instrumentation
|Instrumentation Devices and Systems – C.S. Rangan
|Electronic Devices and Circuits Theory – Robert L. Boylstad and Louis Nashelsky
|Digital Principles and Applications – Leach P. Donald
|Communication, Signals, and Systems
|Communication systems: Analog and Digital – Sanjay Sharma
Signals and Systems – A Nagoor Kani
|Electrical and Electronics Measurements
|A Course in Electrical and Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation – A.K. Sawhney, Puneet Sawhney
|Control Systems and Process Controls
|Modern Control Engineering – Katsuhiko Ogata
|Analytical, Biomedical and Optical Instrumentation
|Optical Fiber Communications – Gerd Keiser
Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements – Leslie Cromwell